.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terpstravaganza

A Periodic (P)review Of Leaping Forward

By: Johan

Thursday, April 6

Bad Google! Silly Browsers!

A pet peeve is a minor annoyance that can instill extreme frustration in an individual. Typically each person has several pet peeves that aggravate them more than the average person. Another person may not react as negatively or at all to the same circumstance.

Wikipedia:Pet Peeve


Here is one of mine... Google Accounts

What a mess! Adwords, yes. Analytics, yes. Froogle, yes. AdSense, no. And because browsers remember login and password by root domain only, you can't save your AdSense username & password together with the AdWords credentials, unless they happen to be the same (bad idea). So I end up having to re-type my AdSense username and password when I load the bookmark, every single friggin' time. :( !!!

So, bad Google for using sub-folders, rather than subdomains.

Silly browsers for not recognizing that google.com/adsense isn't necessarily the same as google.com/adwords.

And why keep me signed in when I'm done with Analytics and start Googling stuff? I don't want you to know what I search! Certainly not when I log in to AdWords with my Pro Client account...

On the Browsers' plus side, this post was made from Camino and despite the fact it also features the abovementioned annoyance, it is blazin' fast and really looks the proverbial bollocks. That'll be the end of FireFox on my Powerbook then...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Shamess said...

You can get rid of personalized search if you don't want it.

My AdSense password is just three random letters added on to my normal Gmail password, so I only have to type three more letters into the password - but it's still really annoying.

August 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home