.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terpstravaganza

A Periodic (P)review Of Leaping Forward

By: Johan

Monday, March 6

I Brought Down DP Forums :)

I thought Shawn's kit would have survived the Digg Effect from this post.

But no! I last saw 900 guests reading the post I linked to and then it went ass over tits. Sorry Shawn! :D I'll make up with some great modding...

Any cool stats to share that shows us how it choked?

We set a solid new 'Users Online' record that will probably stand for some time. I was hoping to beat that old one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

*How* it choked?? Too much traffic... that's it. :)

Web server sent from serving it's "normal" 800 hits/second to ~2,500 (mostly dynamic/PHP). I've been tossing around the idea of moving everything to a cluster-style environment (for web and database servers), so this was a good push to get more serious about that. hah

March 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home