.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terpstravaganza

A Periodic (P)review Of Leaping Forward

By: Johan

Sunday, January 8

Motorola HT820 Stereo Bluetooth Headset For Skype & iTunes

My girlfriend may not like me doing other things simultaneously whilst chatting with her via Skype, but I've been wanting a wireless headset for quite some time now. I could be cooking as well you know.

I finally found something that seems promising. The Motorola HT820 Stereo Bluetooth Headset.

http://motorola.digitalriver.com/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayPage&Locale=en_US&id=ProductDetailsPage&SiteID=motostor&productID=38602800&Env=BASE

You can use it as a normal headset to listen to your music and podcasts via iTunes etc. or use it to answer incoming calls from your mobile phone or Skype. Outgoing as well of course.

The Motorola HT820 weighs just 100 grams, features buttons to control the music and to handle calls, has an embedded microphone, offers up to 17 hours talk time, 12 hours music listening time whilst being able to remain on stand-by for 500 hours.

You can wire the HR820 up with a stereo cable as well if you want.

Recent versions of Skype have had no problems with Bluetooth connections and other bloggers reported successfull use of Motorola BT Headsets on Skype so I guess this will work ever so well. And of course, my new Powerbook has Bluetooth built in so I should be up and running in no time.

Froogle finds the Motorola HT820 Bluetooth Stereo Headset from £49.89 so I'll go get one soon and report back te results. If you want to Skype me for a test, my handle there is johan.terpstra.

Froogle link: http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?q=motorola+ht820&btnG=Search+Froogle

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jason Golod said...

I like the Moto BT hardware...it works well. The two we have work great. I don't like the over-the-ear headsets tho...they end up hurting my ears after about 10 minutes. Not sure if you have worn that style before, so I figured I would mention that.

January 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home